The Arduino IDE is the software we primarily use in our class to upload code to our microcontrollers. Installing Arduino on your own computers is very simple!
1. Using your browser, navigate to the download page for the Aduino IDE software. Click on the appropriate link for your operating system to download the Arduino IDE software.
2. Arduino IDE is a free software, but it runs using contributions from users. The next screen will ask if you want to “CONTRIBUTE & DOWNLOAD” or just to the left of that button there is grey text you can click that will download without prompting a monetary contribution, “JUST DOWNLOAD”.
Your download should begin within 10 seconds of clicking the “JUST DOWNLOAD” link.
3. Once the installer has downloaded, open the Arduino IDE installer and follow the prompts to install the software. If asked which packages you want to include in the install, check all boxes.
4. After the software has been installed. Restart the computer.
5. Once the computer has restarted, open the Arduino Software. If Arduino IDE opens successfully, the install is complete, otherwise, navigate to the link below to see answers to frequently encountered questions and issues.